Schoology is a learning management system and social networking platform. It offers a blended learning format with lessons easily taught via classroom or online. To get users up and running quickly, Schoology offers an easy administrative interface with features like content development, scoring lessons, attendance per course, and reporting functions.
- Create standards-compatible courses/content
- Flexible interfaces for sharing, tracking and getting insights
- Global Learning Community gives resources/methods from International instructors
- Performance-based analytics for quick updates
- Versatile course creation and management tools
- Calendars, messaging, and personal/shared content
- Transform classroom courses into a 1:1
Google, One Drive, Blackboard Colloborate, NBC Learn, Atomic Learning, eSchoolPlus, Respondus, and more.
Park Hill School District, Mount Pleasant School District, Wheaton College, Arizona State University
Two plans are available: Basic and Enterprise. Basic is free. Enterprise, you must call for price quote. Free product demo also available.
3. Canvas LMS
If one of your biggest needs in an LMS is flexibility, Canvas is a good option. It provides a customizable interface and design for better learning. There is a built in communication tool which allows teachers to interact with their students online. Plus, Canvas can be used across various devices to get notifications, submit assignments, and interact with other users. There is also an interesting features that lets a user connect Canvas with their personal social media accounts.
- Facilitators can provide feedback, combine blogs, wikis, and more for students
- SpeedGrader function has ability to record audio/video during grading
- Open source software that has APIs, security audits, and feature discussions
- Can add new technology to existing courses without IT support
- Hosted on Amazon Web Service making it fast to load
- All changes, migrations, and updates done in real-time
- Scales up to demand with automated peak load management
Twitter, Delicious, Skype, Diigo, SMS, YouTube, LinkedIn, CAS, SAML, Diigo, Adobe Connect, and more
San Jose State University, Utah State University, Pittsburg State University, Del Mar College
SMB and Enterprise pricing information is available only upon request. Contact the company for more details. Free trial is also available.
4. Bridge LMS
Bridge LMS is a SaaS solution to help businesses make corporate training more effective. Some of the key features include strong course creation, robust reporting, and several integrations with other programs. Bridge LMS is also fully scalable making it ideal for both large and small companies, It is also easy to use from creating courses to editing courses to analyzing what is working and what needs to be tweaked. Bridge LMS has multilingual support for companies who span different countries.
- End-to-end framework from authoring to feedback and to reporting
- Standard business solutions in the form of key integrations
- Course building tools from basic to technical to professional levels
- Comes with 20 customizable courses built in
- Instant overview of enrollment and pass rates
- A central index for personal courses
- Manual/Auto CSV report
Lynda, OpenSesame, Shopify, and more
Tesla, Slack, William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty, TimeInc.
Individual and Enterprise pricing information is available only upon request. Please contact the company directly for a quote. You can also get a demo of the service and there is a free trial plan available up to 90-days.
Does your organization need a powerful learning management system? Are they already using Bridge LMS? Here's a list of Bridge LMS alternatives that can help skyrocket employee development.
Frimwater is a cloud-based learning management system built with training companies and businesses who sell learning materials. Although, it could also be used for corporate training and e-learning in-house, this is not the overall goal of this company. Using Firmwater, companies can easily set up their training content and then develop branded portals for their users. Plus, these portals can be made accessible by all users or just a section of users.
- Create sites effortlessly for clients
- Sell your courses online either individually or as bundled packages
- Brand, customize or create personalized domains
- In-depth reporting combined with SCORM allows for interactive content creation
- Assign courses by geography, department, and title
- Fast system with little degradation
- Quick authoring, distributing, and profiting from content and courses
Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline & Studio, dominKnow Claro, Lectora, and TechSmith Camtasia Studio
TPC Training, Channel Enablers, EKO Group, Inc., Lactation Education Resources, Shepell
Firmwater has several pricing tiers. The pricing is $295 per month for the Bronze package, $695 per month for the Silver package, $995 per month for the Gold package, and $1,495 per month for the Platinum package. There is also a 14-day free trial with no credit card needed to begin.
LearnUpon is growing quickly as a viable option for learning management systems today. Why? Because customers love the easy set up, quick learning curve, and the very responsive customer service. The other nice feature is its flexibility. LearnUpon can adapt to the needs of a small, medium, large or global corporation. Some of the key features are more than a dozen functions like course content creation, certifications, branding, gamification, eCommerce, mobile learning, and strong reporting.
- Easy to begin creating content from scratch
- Implement online exams, surveys, quizzes, and certificate programs
- Can create various users groups and assign different roles for facilitators
- Several reports for analysis
- Great security with date backed up several times per day
- Translate into several languages and also adapt messaging for each language
- Support available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Webhooks, Salesforce, QuickBooks, Shopify, Google Analytics, Stripe, LinkedIn, Twitter, PayPal, and more
Tripadvisor, PING, Allstate, Yokohama, Intuit Quickbooks, Twilio, Vauxhall
LearnUpon offers several pricing tiers. The Bronze level is $399 per month, The Silver level is $799 per month, The Gold level is $1,399 per month, and the Enterprise you must call for pricing. There is also a free trial and demo with no setup charges or fees.
7. iSpring Learn LMS
iSpring is a fairly easy learning management system to use. It is also great for both learning on-the-go via mobile devices or on a desktop in the office. For facilitators or analysts of corporate training, course statistics can be downloaded anytime even via mobile. Creating new learning tools is simple as well as organizing them in convenient e-folders. Plus, iSpring lets you add users into groups or organizations for a multi-tiered approach to training.
- Several ways to create custom materials and content
- Reporting/statistics allows for tracking of user progress either individually or by group
- Sell your elearning content or link to online payment options
- Integrates with PowerPoint for visually-pleasing presentations
- Make changes or upload new content via desktop or mobile
- Preview mode lets you look at content before going live
- Free iSpring app available on Apple or Google
PowerPoint, Moodle, LearnDash, Intuition Rubicon, xAPI,
IBM, P&G, GE, DELL, AT&T, Motorola, Harley Davidson, CISCO, Intel, DUPONT, Texas Instruments
iSpring offers two pricing packages, There basic package runs $770 per year and their Full Service package runs $970 per year.
8. Absorb LMS
Absorb LMS is a learning management system that offers an HTML5-based user interface that works well with companies’ various hardware platforms. This technology works on smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers. Absorb LMS gives self-guided lessons that have tasks, video, quizzes, documents, surveys, exams, and more. The learning materials enable users to access only the materials like or are required by the company. Companies can buy a standard version or upgrade with an add-on called Mercury Module. While Absorb LMS offers an extensive list of features, it is also a bit pricey and may not work for smaller companies.
- Learner interface
- Online course assembly
- Question banks
- Global resources
- Scheduled reporting
- Department level branding
GAP, Airbnb, Johnson & Johnson, New York University, and Swarovski
Microsoft Azure, Twitter, PingFederate, Okta, BambooHR, OneLogin, Salesforce Sales Cloud, G Suite, Workday Human Capital, SharePoint, UltiPro, Google Analytics, Oracle TBE, PayPal, Facebook, ADP GlobalView® HCM, Degreed, FoxyCart, Identity Services, Dayforce Ceridian HCM, Oracle HCM Cloud
Call for pricing. There is a 30-day cancellation policy.
Looking to swap from Absorb LMS to a modern learning platform? Check out our list of Absorb LMS alternatives to choose from.
Which Litmos alternatives is your choice?
When choosing an LMS option, there are several Litmos alternatives to consider. Remember to first write down which features are most important for your training needs. Then compare these to the choices we’ve presented here. This will help you make an educated decision on the best LMS for your company.
If you have recently chosen an LMS or switched providers, we’d love to hear your feedback. What key features are most important to you? What led you to select your LMS partner?